HI THERE, I'M FRAN!
A Chilean who calls Washington state home, I first learned to quilt while pregnant with my oldest in 2014. However, it wasn't until 2018 when I encountered the modern quilting movement that I was hooked.
Before starting Cotton and Joy I worked 8 years as a web designer. I originally created this space as a way to share my quilty adventures, but the designer in me couldn't help to create my own patterns.
I love pattern design and contributing to the long tradition of quilting. My aim is to create a fast-finishes that anyone, from inexperienced beginners to long-time quilters, can enjoy making.
- I have lived in 3 different countries (Chile, US, Germany), and 3 different states (MI, WA, TX) for a total of 14 homes.
- I am University of Washington Husky twice over with a Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy and a Master in Library and Information Sciences.
- My favorite authors include Jodi Picoult, Sarah J. Maas, and Mariana Zapata.
- I can't start my day without a cup of hot tea and I live for a good taco.
- Florence and the Machine, Death Cab for Cutie, and Foo Fighters are some of my favorite bands.
COLLABORATIONS AND PARTNERSHIPS
Riley Blake Designs / Fabric Designer
Learn more about my fabric collections here.
MEDIA AND PRESS
Quilt Buzz Podcast
Episode 46, December 2021
Not Your Granny's Quilt Show
Episode 24, April 2022
Love Patchwork & Quilting Magazine
Issues 110 and 112, Pattern Round Up
Issues 113, Meet the Quilter Feature
Quilts and More Magazine
Winter 2023, Scrap Lab Quilt Pattern