Although each of my patterns goes through professional technical editing, testing, and read and reread and reread again, sometimes an error slips through.
When brought to my attention, I will immediately fix the error in any future printings and post the corrections here. If you believe you have found an error, please send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fran Gulick // Cotton and Joy
On the Fabric Requirements table, the requirements for the binding is wrong. It should be -
- Table Runner: 1/3 yard for binding
- Throw: 1/2 yard for binding
For the twin size, the pattern asks for 3 3/4 (3.75) yards, it should ask for 4 1/4 (4.25) yards.
In the Block Center section, Step 5 should read "Repeat steps 1-4 with remaining B2 squares and A2 triangles"
Correction applies to PRINTED/PAPER patterns ONLY.
Some patterns in the initial printing batch included outdated templates. If your templates look like the image below, please email me at email@example.com for correct templates.
Correction applies to PRINTED/PAPER patterns and PDF downloaded before September 28, 2020.
- For the Mini Size. Piece S should be 25″ long.
Correction applies to PRINTED/PAPER patterns
The requirements table on the back cover for PRINTS or COLOR in BABY SIZE asks for “1/2 yard [x7]”, it should ask for “1/4 yard [x7]”. The correct table is below.
Both corrections apply to PRINTED/PAPER patterns
Under Cutting Instructions, it should read:
- “IF USING 1/3 AND 1/4 YARD CUTS […] Fabric C: Two C1 squares and eight C2 squares. Fig 2“
- “IF USING FQS AND F8S […] Fabric C: One C1 squares and four C2 squares. Fig 4“
Cuts were incorrectly labeled B1 and B2.
The requirements chart on the back cover uses the wrong labels for the fabric. Please follow the chart below.
Fabric A stays Fabric A, Fabric B changes to Fabric C, and Background changes to Fabric B
This applies to printed patterns and PDF patterns downloaded before July 23, 2019.
All corrections are for the Throw Size.
- For B2: You need 9 9-1/2″ x 8″ rectangles, not 8 as the pattern states.
- For B4: You need 9 4-1/2″ x WOF strips, not 8 as the pattern states. These will be used to make the 4-1/2″ x 53″ sashing strips, not 61″ as the pattern states.
- Figure 17 has been updated to reflect the correct number of striped trees and B2 blocks.
LITTLE BATS [FREE PATTERN]
This applies to PDF patterns downloaded on or before June 2022.
- Finished size is 14-1/2″ x 34″ NOT 12″ x 34″.
- You need  2-1/2 x WOF strips, NOT  as the original pattern stated.
- Border piece is 2-1/2″ x 14-1/2″ NOT 2-1/2″ x 12-1/2″
- On Page 3, Step 6. Join the Color 2 Square with a Background piece 2-1/2 x 3-1/2.